ok, then

Dreamweaver & Flash (ahh ahhh) plus Web related Tutorials & Resources, HTML, CSS, PHP, Flash or whatever.
Simon
A Pig in Space
A Pig in Space

ok, then

Post by Simon » May 26th, 2006, 10:46 pm

I am looking to re-due my site to make it more a portfolio than a uni blog ect

Any body got ideas, on the type of site etc links to examples, etc
i am in this new site aim to learn actionscript 2 indepth etc but i do rule out flash etc as the main source for my site etc but again use DB, PHP, css etc etc , was looking at a set size like 800 by 600 and have everythign in there

cheers.
there is a god, and i am him

odog
Big Bird's nest fluffer

Post by odog » May 30th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Simon,

I have been trying to redesign my own site for about 7 or 8 months now and I think I have finally settled on an idea. The problem I kept on facing was trying to design a website that I felt reflected me. I found it really difficult because there are so many excellent CSS based designs out there that it is hard not to gain too much 'inspiration' from one source.

Have a look at Stylegala and CSSBeauty for layout ideas and techniques.

In relation to designing for 800 x 600 don't rule out a liquid layout. They're a good challenge if you're bothered. I generally browse at 1600 x 1200 so many fixed-width sites look a bit skinny :wink: .

Not much help really, but sure keep us posted on any progress you make.
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

Simon
A Pig in Space
A Pig in Space

Post by Simon » May 30th, 2006, 10:50 pm

i know what you mean. :roll:

I just completed reading the css:mastery book the other dya and they talked about the liquid method, which I was going to try and include into the whole design etc sooooo, blank mind at mo, typical.

Looking for a placement now aaaarrrhhh! but it has to be in plymouth and area, as fam and that :roll:
there is a god, and i am him